First look into how your home uses and wastes energy.
We can help by performing a home energy audit. You can apply though New York State and potentially have your audit done for free! An energy audit will provide you with the information you need to be able to properly address the flaws in your homes efficiency. As well as help you come up with a plan of action to become more energy efficient. You should also have regular tune-up’s performed on your boiler. This not only keeps your boiler running smoothly, but also boosts efficiency. By taking steps to reduce your homes heating load, it will allow you to buy a smaller, less expensive system.
How do you accomplish your efficiency goals?
With the right company by your side, you could see the a reduction in your energy bills sooner than you’d think. Some fixes are as easy as:
- Adding insulation to your attic and walls
- Applying for a home energy audit online
- Adding weather stripping around doors and caulk around windows to keep heat form escaping
- Clean your chimney
- Set your ceiling fans to spin clockwise to blow rising heat down
- Install and set programmable thermostats to automatically lower the temperature at night while you are away.
All of the above can be reviewed during your home energy audit with one of our skilled technicians as they perform various tests to find where your home is using and losing the most heat. Following your appointment they will go over their findings with you in detail. This process takes about 6 hours, but the benefits of having an audit done on your home will have lasting effects.
Have more questions? Give us a call and we’ll set you up with a free estimate appointment at a time that works best for you! 585-3Harold (342-7653)