With temperatures spiking up into the 100’s over the next few days, Happy Harold and crew would like to post a few reminders to help keep you safe:
- Stay Hydrated. Do not wait until you are thirsty to take a drink.
- Check on family, friends and neighbors who do not have air conditioning or are more likely to be affected by the heat.
- Wear loose-fitting lightweight light colored clothing.
- Slow down, stay indoors and avoid strenuous exercise.
- Check on your pets frequently to ensure they are not suffering from the heat.
Rochester has cooling zones and spray parks open both Friday and Saturday with extended hours. For more information on open locations click here. If you do plan on visiting local splash parks, don’t forget your sunblock and sun protection. Hats and loose fitting clothing will help prevent sunburn. Another great local spot is the library, relaxing with a nice book or magazine in the AC for a bit may be all you need to feel rejuvenated!
In this heat we all rely heavily on our AC units. If you’re experiencing any issues with your unit during the heat wave, call Harold! We’re working around the clock to ensure you and your family remain comfortable and safe.